Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Plus Stuck on apple logo after upgrading iOS 11.1

Dear Apple Support,

I have a problem faced that after upgrading to iOS 11.1 my iPhone 8 Plus got stuck on apple logo and iPhone getting too hot. I tried to Hard Reset but that does not working. So i need a help from you.

Model : iPhone 8 Plus

IMEI :*****

Serial Number :F2*****CLY

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 2, 2017 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2017 12:14 AM

Hi, afsal_peringodan.

I see that, after updating your iPhone 8 Plus to iOS 11.1, it's now frozen on the Apple logo. Good job on trying a forced restart, and I'm happy to help.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up

If you see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen during startup, try these steps:

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, try to borrow one, or go to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart.
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.

User uploaded file
  4. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.

If you need more help

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of these issues:

• You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, or following the steps in this article.
  • You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
  • The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
  • Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures.
  • You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
  • Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.

Take care!

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2017 12:14 AM in response to afsal_peringodan

Hi, afsal_peringodan.

I see that, after updating your iPhone 8 Plus to iOS 11.1, it's now frozen on the Apple logo. Good job on trying a forced restart, and I'm happy to help.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up

If you see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen during startup, try these steps:

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, try to borrow one, or go to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart.
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.

User uploaded file
  4. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.

If you need more help

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of these issues:

• You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, or following the steps in this article.
  • You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
  • The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
  • Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures.
  • You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
  • Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.

Take care!

Nov 8, 2017 7:20 AM in response to afsal_peringodan

We're glad to hear that your iPhone is working again. Now we see you need help getting the data that was on your iPhone 8 Plus back on your phone.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup -- If you have made of backup of your iPhone's data, you can restore the backup to your phone.

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders -- If you were syncing your Contacts, Calendars and/or Reminders, this article will help bring that data back.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB -- You can also sync your iPhone with iTunes on a Mac or PC.

Cheers!

Nov 15, 2017 2:00 AM in response to jeremy_v

Dear Apple,

Please remove the IOS 11.1 and IOS 11.1.1 its makes Iphones stuck on apple logo looping and they have lost all data because they didn't know about this way which you show it now

I had to reformat my phone twice even if I install the latest IOS 11.1 and IOS 11.1 the I have flowed your way and my phone is fine now no more Apple logo looping anymore and that meaning there is a problem with the latest software and should pulled up from the server until its its been fixed after IOS 11.0.3

iPhone 8 Plus Stuck on apple logo after upgrading iOS 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.