Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On my watch how avoid my workout to pause even if is lock?

I would really appreciated your answers.

Apple Watch, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Nov 2, 2017 8:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 10:53 AM

I have done all this and it still pauses my workout. This is very frustrating as the sole reason I purchased this watch was to track my fitness. Thanks.

4 replies

Nov 7, 2017 6:51 PM in response to giovanafromchicago

Hi

The behaviour that you described may have been caused by your Apple Watch losing contact with your wrist during your workout, causing it to conclude that it had been removed from your wrist.

During exercise, Apple Watch should be worn snugly on the top of your wrist. Apple suggests that you consider tightening your band before workouts and loosening it again afterwards.

With the Running Auto Pause option selected, the Workout app on Apple Watch pauses running workouts automatically if you stop running and then resumes when you start moving again. To enable or disable this option:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Workout - turn on / off Running Auto Pause.

To avoid accidental interactions with the screen during workouts - which may include pausing workouts or ending them early - the screen can be locked by following the instructions here:

End, pause, or lock

On my watch how avoid my workout to pause even if is lock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.