Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update macOS High Sierra

I'm on 10.13, but the 10.13.1 won't install. It goes through the download and reboot, but when it is done I'm still on 10.13. I had the same problem with the Supplemental Update for High Sierra, but gave up after trying about ten times; I assumed things would work whenever 10.13.1 came out. No go. I have tried three times. I Cmd-R rebooted and ran Disk Utilities, Repair disk and that didn't help. MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) with SSD.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13), 16GB, 500GB SSD

Posted on Nov 2, 2017 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2017 3:31 PM

Hey there, MtnBiker.

I see that you're experiencing a problem updating your MacBook Pro to macOS 10.13.1. It appears to be going through the process, but once it restarts, you're still on macOS 10.13. I'm happy to help.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac -- Restart your MacBook Pro in safe mode and install from there.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2017 3:31 PM in response to MtnBiker

Hey there, MtnBiker.

I see that you're experiencing a problem updating your MacBook Pro to macOS 10.13.1. It appears to be going through the process, but once it restarts, you're still on macOS 10.13. I'm happy to help.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac -- Restart your MacBook Pro in safe mode and install from there.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Can't update macOS High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.