You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to type cent sign ¢ in iOS?

In MacOS, ¢ is there in both US and ABC Extended keyboards, at ⌥4, but I don't see it anywhere on the iOS (11) keyboard. Nor do I find it in the handy Character Pad app. Is there an easier way to get it other than copying from the Internet (e.g. CopyPasteCharacter.com)?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.0.2

Posted on Nov 3, 2017 11:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2017 11:22 AM

WIth the bluetooth keyboard, alt/option 4

with the on screen one, toggle to the numbers option then hold your finger down on the dollar sign

5 replies

Nov 3, 2017 11:48 AM in response to MichelPM

It’s no longer found under the $ sign key?

Don't know what you mean by "under". iOS 11's keyboard has some substantial changes from iOS 10, mostly very useful; however, I don't see the ¢ sign in the iOS 10 keyboard either. In iOS 11 $ is in the number keyboard, on the same key as D in the alpha keyboard; in the third (symbol?) keyboard, that key has ¥; in iOS 10 the positions are different, but still no ¢.

How to type cent sign ¢ in iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.