You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen is grey on the edges (Apple Watch Series 3)

I'm using an Apple Watch Series 3 42mm for 19 days.

It works very well, but the edges and the corners of the AMOLED screen seem to be gray-shaded, this is how it looks like:

User uploaded file

It can be seen outside, when the light isn't too bright nor dim.

Is it condensation? I washed it once and expelled the water afterwards, but there's no physical damage so the seal should be fine. Could it be that the screen is sinking or wasn't well glued to the glass?

I live in Italy where the temperature's about 14°-18° and the humidity is 78%.

I've already washed the Apple Watch for the second time to see if the problem can get worse, but nothing happened.

There's no burn-in, the AMOLED panel is still good.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.1

Posted on Nov 3, 2017 4:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2017 4:49 AM

Hi

As you are concerned about a potential manufacturing defect, I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be checked and to establish whether service is recommended:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2017 4:49 AM in response to Septembersleaf

Hi

As you are concerned about a potential manufacturing defect, I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be checked and to establish whether service is recommended:

Screen is grey on the edges (Apple Watch Series 3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.