Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 speakerphone make me deaf

Speakerphone accidently started during a normal phone call, so I almost got deaf. That was not possible in iPhone6 because there was only one speaker in the bottom beside the charger connector. Nuw with iPhone8 there is also a loudspeaker in your ear to have stereo when using it as a loudspeaker. If it starts while having it close to your ear during a normal phone call you get hearing damage.

WHAT A SHAME!

I almost put my iPhone8 in the garbage bin emmediately after popping my ear. My ear still hurts now one hour after and the hearing is reduced. I am assuming it will be better after a day or so, but i am really ****** off.

How can I be sure it will ever happen again??

Per Bruhn

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2017 2:23 AM

1 reply

iPhone 8 speakerphone make me deaf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.