Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred (4010). Please try again later.

Was hoping this update would resolve my issue of not adding my iTunes Library to iCloud. I was told by an upper level support gentleman that Apple is aware of this issue from multiple users and that an update was coming out to fix this particular issue. He said "It's us, not you". LOL. Nice to know Apple is aware.

After attempting to add my iTunes library to iCloud, the issue remains: Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred (4010). Please try again later.

Hopefully the update is still coming.

Posted on Nov 4, 2017 2:05 PM

4 replies

Nov 18, 2017 5:48 AM in response to JimAdams88

I had the same problem. It appears that my iTunes Library.itl was corrupted. With the help of Apple support we created a new iTunes library and I moved all the songs there. Now the iCloud sync is in progress. Unfortunately, Date Added for all the iTunes content will be the date on which you rebuild the library. I also need to try and export my playlists from the old library and import them back to the new.

Nov 29, 2017 6:53 AM in response to JimAdams88

I don't know about the OP, but the recommendation here as far as rebuilding the library didn't work for me (though I appreciate the suggestion). Still waiting for an answer on this error. I have a call with Apple's iTunes team later this morning to see if they have any other suggestions.

I have a question though, is it happening after "Waiting to upload songs?" That seems to be where it gets stuck for me.

Nov 29, 2017 11:39 AM in response to xboxremote

Did you try and build a completely new empty iTunes Library/Folder and populate it w/ a couple of songs and get them uploaded. That's how I tested it. Worked. Thereafter I copied all the tunes from the old library to the new one. That took some time and gave first all kinds of weird statuses on songs but it appears that it's all sorted out now and every new song will be uploaded/matched, too.

Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred (4010). Please try again later.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.