Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c problems (see description)

I bought a used iPhone 5c only 6 days ago. It ran fine with little to no problems, except that the touch screen would stop working for just a second, every few hours or something. No big deal. Yesterday, however, out of nowhere when I picked up my phone the touch screen stopped working completely, and flickering checkerboard-shaped transparent lines appeared on the screen. After looking online for solutions and having tried all the basic ones, I decided it was a hardware problem, likely that the touch connector, shown below, had come loose or something. A few hours later, when it "died", it didn't show the empty-battery/"charge me" symbol that it should. I didn't think much of it. That night when I got home I opened it up and looked at it, but I couldn't tell if the touch connector bracket had been unplugged/loose or not.

User uploaded file

What I did notice was that the power connector bracket was missing was missing the little boxes on the end that keep it attached to the power connector (see the two rectangles on the Sensor connector?) Yeah those weren't on the power connector bracket like they should be). I attempted then to position the power connector bracket in the right place over the connector before rescrewing the metal cover back down over it to hold it in place. I made sure all the brackets were connected properly, put it back together, plugged it into the wall and... nothing. Frustrated I left it charging all night to no avail. No indication that it charged ever showed up on the screen. This morning I've continuously assured that everything was in place and plugged in, but to no avail. I'm thinking I'll have to replace the power connector bracket and possibly the LCD. Not sure though. Sorry for the lack of pictures my phone doesn't work right now obviously. Any advice now would be appreciated, thank you.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Nov 4, 2017 4:53 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5c problems (see description)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.