Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Landscape mode for iPhone X

I asked this question before but it was too early and no one could answer it. Now that some of you have the iPhone ten, with the screen rotation unlocked, will the home page rotate to landscape like the plus models do? User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Nov 5, 2017 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2017 7:27 PM

I'm excited for you! While I've got the first iPX we ordered and am loving it, our 2nd one's order status still hasn't budged an inch from the first week in December. I keep hoping it will come sooner, but that just may not happen.

10 replies

Nov 8, 2017 7:34 PM in response to askbarnabas

We both had 6 (not plus). They've held up remarkably well. But the iPhone X is simply miles and miles ahead. The battery life is unbelievable. I've been on mine since 7 AM this morning and I currently have 86% battery remaining. Isn't that simply amazing? Animoji's are fun and the screen is awesome too!

Learned a couple interesting things.

1. When the phone rings and you look at your phone, the ringer volume immediately decreases since the phone knows you've engaged the phone.

2. Since I never had Live Photos, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't hearing the shutter sound when I take a picture. It's because Live Photos also records 3 seconds of video and the shutter sound would be heard, so it's muted if you take a live Photo.

3. If you have an iPad and your phone is near your iPad, you will only get a notification sound, like from a text on one of the devices, not on both.

You're going to LOVE your iPhone X!

Landscape mode for iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.