Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X - Blurry Export

Hello,

Currently, I'm testing the Final Cut Pro X trial version 10.3.4 and I have tried all possible export options to get the best quality of the video. However, what I get is only a blurry video. I compared with Davinci Resolve 14, another video editing program, and it does not have this issue. See below image for comparison:

User uploaded file

As you can see, the text "DAVINCI TEST" is looked sharper than "Final cut TEST".

I use this settings for project in Final Cut Pro X:

User uploaded file

Here are the export settings:

Final Cut Pro X:

User uploaded file

Davinci Resolve 14:

User uploaded file

I do not plan to choose Davinci Resolve 14 as it has a slow playback issue, which Final Cut Pro X does not have it because of proper cache rendering. What I think about the reason of blurry export in Final Cut Pro X is it can be due to some smoothing features, which I'm not sure.

Below is my Macbook pro parameters:

- OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6

- Processor 2.5GHz Intel Core i7

- Memory 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

- Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB

Is there a solution to fix the blurry export? Is it due to trial version of Final Cut Pro X or if compressor external program for export can help to fix?

Any help or comment is appreciated.

Thank you.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Nov 5, 2017 9:13 AM

7 replies

Nov 5, 2017 10:11 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I don't know why it's like this. I didn't use any plugins, no correction at all. Just put the text and render it and it's visibly blurry than render from Davinci. I just put together both texts into one image for comparison purpose. On the top is rendered from Final Cut Pro X and at the bottom is rendered from Davinci Resolve 14.

User uploaded file

Final Cut Pro X - Blurry Export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.