Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2017-Windows 7 compatibility

Hi everybody,

I was considering If I can install windows 7 on my MacBook Pro 2017 via Bootcamp? and If the answer is YES, which version of "Bootcamp Support Software" is suitable? (BootCamp5.1.5640 for example)

Thanks a lot

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Nov 5, 2017 1:16 PM

4 replies

Nov 5, 2017 7:45 PM in response to Loner T

Again manu many thanks because of your reply.

what about Windows 8.1? if it is possible to run it over Bootcamp on my MacBook Pro or not? (as I saw, in the list "Mac Models you can use with windows 8.1" there is no the name of my MacBook Pro!)

Use Windows 8.1 on your Mac with Boot Camp - Apple Support

and the list below, mentioned that my MacBook Pro is compatible with Windows 10:

"Mac Computers that support windows 10"

Use Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp - Apple Support

If Possible, I prefer to install Windows 8.1 using Bootcamp rather than windows 10, since many of my windows Applications are better compatible with Win7 and Win8.1 and unfortunately they don't run good on virtual machines as well.

So please help me if I can use windows 8.1 using Bootcamp on my MacBook Pro 2017?

Thanks a lot

MacBook Pro 2017-Windows 7 compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.