Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Indesign CS4 and High Sierra incompatibility fix

New Hard Drive on Mac Mini (mid 2011), using High Sierra and CS4 Master Suite, 500GB storage, 8mb Ram, 2.3Ghertz, Only InDesign CS4 will not fully open or function on High Sierra, has there been a fix to provide compatibility in the works?

Posted on Nov 5, 2017 1:11 PM

6 replies

Nov 30, 2017 10:48 AM in response to woodmeister50

True, CS4 is very old. However, even by today's standards, it was a very costly investment and not all of us who do graphic design have ongoing, full-time positions that make the also-costly upgrades affordable. Adobe KNOWS they have the best design program - that's a given. But their new "subscription" pricing has priced SOME of their customers out of the game. Apple can't be responsible for assuring that every program continues to work when they issue their upgrades; but Adobe could have a LITTLE more consideration for the enormous (for some of us) investment people have made in their S/W and put out SOME effort to keep us up and running. Instead, their attitude is "Too bad, so sad, goodbye!"

Dec 1, 2017 5:28 AM in response to mamabear2012

Quark Indesign Pagemaker are fundamental programs that found themselves being "over-advanced" past their usefullness to the average consumer. Apple's Pages, Microsoft Word and Publisher seem to be "field expedient" work arounds for desktop work to their overpriced cousins. BTW Apple's pages although limited is also FREE and is being updated constantly. I have used Pagemaker, Quark and Indesign alternately for 15 years. I have tempted at various businesses and agencies where earlier versions of these programs sufficed. Word Perfect was used at Law firms writing up contracts and notices. This means I would have to dumb down my computer to able to use this accumulated stack of software that is now useless.

Indesign CS4 and High Sierra incompatibility fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.