Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing m4a files to iTunes

Hi,

I am trying to import some m4a audio files to iTunes but am having no luck. These are audio files that I ripped from a CD and now have on my laptop. I'm able to play the files with iTunes but I can't seem to import them to my iTunes library. I've tried "Add to library" and dragging. Nothing happens. I've gone to 'Import settings' and tried various mp3, wav etc but nothing seems to happen. If someone has an answer, that would be great!

Many thanks!

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)

Posted on Nov 5, 2017 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2017 4:54 PM

Vsivan,

Drag the files into the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder, which can be found inside your iTunes Media folder. Start with a few at a time.

If the files are compatible, they will be added to your iTunes library. If iTunes is running, this will happen within seconds.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2017 4:54 PM in response to vsivan

Vsivan,

Drag the files into the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder, which can be found inside your iTunes Media folder. Start with a few at a time.

If the files are compatible, they will be added to your iTunes library. If iTunes is running, this will happen within seconds.

importing m4a files to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.