Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts won't go to podcasts folder on iPod

I downloaded podcasts and updated my 4G iPod nano. But the podcast folder on the iPod is empty. The podcasts are listed in the music/songs folder.
In my iTunes library, podcasts are in the podcasts folder. Any ideas?

MacBookPro

Posted on Jan 13, 2007 11:38 PM

2 replies

Jan 15, 2007 6:44 PM in response to treat

I was having the same problem. Try this -- connect your iPod to your computer. Start up iTunes to update. When you highlight your iPod in the new iTunes you get a menu that lets you manage the different segments of your iPod. Select podcasts and see which podcasts you have checked. You want to sync all the podcasts or your selected podcasts (otherwise mine were just going into my music files on the iPod). After you do this, you need to go back to the main screen and hit apply (in the bottom right hand corner).

When you update your iPod the podcasts you selected will now appear in your podcast folder.

It worked for me. I hope it works for you.

Jan 24, 2007 10:11 PM in response to wendybeadz

I'm having a similar problem, but in my case, the podcasts are split between the music folder and the Podcasts folder in iTunes. For example, I listen to the BBC's "In Our Time" podcast and my earliest episodes are in the music folder and all the new ones are in the podcast folder. Any idea how I can get them all into the Podcast folder? Thanks.

Podcasts won't go to podcasts folder on iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.