Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to install legacy java 6 on OSX Sierra

I downloaded legacy java 6 from apple support (support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=nl_NL) and installed it because I want to install Hauptwerk. I think it didn't work because Hauptwerk-installation failed. So I uninstalled it and tried it again without success. In the end I uninstalled it again.

> How can I see if installation of Java 6 is succesfull? Now I am not sure installation was succesfull. Should there be an icon in System Preferences? I don't have it. I also tried "java -version" in Terminal without success.

According to the above mentioned support site legacy Java is only for OSX 10.11 and below, although the english page was recently updated and tells me it is also for Sierra and High Sierra.

> Has onyone succesfully installed Legacy Java 6 on Sierra and do you have some helpfull information? I found some articles on internet but none of them seemed to work

Mac mini, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Nov 5, 2017 11:35 PM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2017 12:21 AM in response to pascal555

To check if something has been installed on your Mac click on the Apple top left, click on About This Mac, click System Report, scroll down to Software and then Installations. Now click on Install Date twice to set the order to display installations by most recent first.

Legacy Java 6 works for me on High Sierra, Sierra, and El Capitan. The downloads page at Apple Support was recently updated with this, Download Java for OS X 2017-001 download and double- click to install.

Just a quick look at the Hauptwerk website tells me that it is only supported in Mac OS X Yosemite and earlier.

User uploaded file

Is there a later version of Hauptwerk available.

how to install legacy java 6 on OSX Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.