Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.osxext.cpucooler

This pkg is presumably using a lot of cpu. In the activity monitor it say 190 to 200% but i am not noticing it at all. Is this package a part of os x/apple? I have done some research in the terminal of the location (Library/Application Support/CpuCooler) but the location doesn't exist. Does anyone know if its apple or a third party package? Aren't all apple related pkg com.apple.pkg?

package-id: com.osxext.cpucooler

version: 2.0

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), null

Posted on Nov 6, 2017 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2017 6:48 AM

It is a bitcoin miner malware. If you only kill the process, launch agent will restart it automatically. Please read this article.

Remove cpucooler malware from Mac OS | SecureMacOS

<Disclaimer: this post contains links to my own website from which I may derive some form of compensation. My website does not contain 3rd party ads. This disclaimer is required by ASC Terms of Use whenever linking to one's own site or product.>

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2017 6:48 AM in response to Jirban

It is a bitcoin miner malware. If you only kill the process, launch agent will restart it automatically. Please read this article.

Remove cpucooler malware from Mac OS | SecureMacOS

<Disclaimer: this post contains links to my own website from which I may derive some form of compensation. My website does not contain 3rd party ads. This disclaimer is required by ASC Terms of Use whenever linking to one's own site or product.>

com.osxext.cpucooler

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.