Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X full screen mode issue

Has anyone else had an issue with playing videos from sites such as Hulu and Netflix in full screen mode on their iPhone X? Double clicking the screen only seems to fast forward or rewind the video. This is frustrating. I thought we would be able to view videos in full screen and not just the normal width. Could this be an issue with the app developers? Any feedback would be great!

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 6, 2017 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2017 6:40 PM

I’ve tried looking through tall forums about it, and there doesn’t seem to be an answer. All I have found is that some people say to double tap the screen, but that only fast forwards or rewinds the video and not force into full screen mode

9 replies

Nov 21, 2017 1:41 PM in response to Blueyes11252002

I just got my X and noticed this same problem on Netflix, I saw the one entry about going to Netflix settings and not being in a test mode but that did not work.

After doing the latest update for IOS and Netflix when I double tap the screen it will show a full screen on Netflix.

Hope this helps and I will keep looking for a solution that won't require the need to tap the screen.

iPhone X full screen mode issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.