Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not able to pair Apple Watch 3 GPS with Audi MMI via Bluetooth

Hi,

ich own a brand new Audi Q5 with Audi MMI touch navigation, witch is of course able to pair Bluetooth devices.

I'm able to pair my iPhone 6s with the radio without a clue.

Now, I wanted to pair my Apple Watch Series 3 GPS via Bluetooth with the car radio to be able to listen to my Music even without carring my iPhone around.

So, I started Pairing Mode, the Apple Watch and the Audi MMI are finding eaxch other via Bluetooth, both devices exchange a 6-digit PIN and want to have this acknowleged. After permitting the pairing it takes 10 to 15 seconds until the car tells that the connection could not be established and one should try again - which of course doesn't change anything. My Apple Watch 3 is on watchOS 4.1 and has no problems to connect to other wireless speakers or headsets. Changing visibility settings of the cars Bluetooth also doesn't show any effect.

Is anyone able to check a Bluetooth connection on this Series 3 with any Audi MMI touch navigation Bluetooth device?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2017 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2017 6:58 AM

Hi

Whilst some users have reported success with pairing Apple Watch with certain car Bluetooth systems, Apple advises that iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are the only devices that are designed for use with car audio systems.

Apple Watch can be paired with compatible Bluetooth headphones and Bluetooth speakers, but it is not designed to be paired with car audio systems:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2017 6:58 AM in response to mwae

Hi

Whilst some users have reported success with pairing Apple Watch with certain car Bluetooth systems, Apple advises that iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are the only devices that are designed for use with car audio systems.

Apple Watch can be paired with compatible Bluetooth headphones and Bluetooth speakers, but it is not designed to be paired with car audio systems:

not able to pair Apple Watch 3 GPS with Audi MMI via Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.