Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X unable to connect to Exchange mail on iOS 11.1 - iPhone 7 Plus OK

I just got my iPhone X and set it all up with iCloud backup settings from my iPhone 7 Plus.

Both devices are running iOS 11.1 with the same Exchange settings for my work email.

iPhone X can't seem to retrieve mail, calendar or contacts via Exchange with an error of "Cannot Get Mail. The connection to the server failed" even though iPhone 7 Plus can with the same exact settings. Both are running iOS 11.1.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I've already tried deleting the Exchange account multiple times, but am getting the same error.

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2017 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 9:20 AM

I have solved my problem. It has to do with the number of associated ‘partnerships‘ Exchange can use. The maximum number is 10. See: About Microsoft Exchange Server account device limits - Apple Support

14 replies

Nov 16, 2017 6:03 AM in response to kevin238

I have the same login problems since I received my iPhoneX yesterday. My iPhone7 plus works with Exchange, my iPhoneX won’t load anything and says the server is unavailable. Both run iOS 11.2 public beta 3. I would REALLY like a solution for this problem, otherwise I think I have to return the X (even though I really like it so far).

Jan 30, 2018 10:13 AM in response to lilthrift

I've not experienced any issues with my Exchange account on my iPhone X. I'm using iOS 11.2.5, and have updated through all of the iOS 11 series. I suggest you contact your Exchange Administrator. They can back trace your connection and ensure that your device is connecting to the server and if there is an issue with the connections. They are the ones that control connections.

iPhone X unable to connect to Exchange mail on iOS 11.1 - iPhone 7 Plus OK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.