Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autocorrect capitalizes first letter of random words such as Time

When I type on the iPhone with IOS11, random words are being capitalized by autocorrect, while not following a space or period. Not sure what to do with this Mostly happens in mail or message apps

Posted on Nov 7, 2017 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2017 4:33 PM

Shouldn’t have to turn off anything. This started happening after that update along with the a and the symbol. The next update fixed the symbol issue but not the rest of the auto capitalization issues. I hope they figure it out soon. I’m tired and going back and changing to a lowercase g on Got. ((See it just did it👎-1F3FC;)

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2017 4:33 PM in response to askbarnabas

Shouldn’t have to turn off anything. This started happening after that update along with the a and the symbol. The next update fixed the symbol issue but not the rest of the auto capitalization issues. I hope they figure it out soon. I’m tired and going back and changing to a lowercase g on Got. ((See it just did it👎-1F3FC;)

Jan 5, 2018 3:03 PM in response to askbarnabas

If you do that, though, you literally have to manually capitalize the first letter of every sentence, which, if you’ve been thumbing for any period of time (let alone typing on a desktop) is almost impossible intuitively. Long years of habit of not having to do so would need to be broken. But the random capitalization mid sentence is maddening!

Autocorrect capitalizes first letter of random words such as Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.