Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth car issue after upgrading to iOS 11

Hi to all of you.

I’m posting this after trying to get this issue fixed in several ways.

After upgrading my iPhone 6s to iOS 11, my bluetooth connection with my car stopped working properly: iPhones connects to the car, then after a while it disconnects, even during a phone call. I’ve read many mant others experiencing this same issue, so PLEASE SOLVE IT APPLE!!! It is not possible that this is happening, even after two minor ios 11 update.

I’ve also tryed to upgrade the firmware of my car (Alfa Romeo 159 with Blue & Me system) but nothing changed. I’ve opened a call with apple phone technical assistance, reset the iPhone settings as the guy suggested, but even this didn’t helped.

Thanks

Stefano

Posted on Nov 7, 2017 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2017 11:38 AM

After I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 11, it has been impossible to play music (Spotify) from it. I use the Blue&Me USB Adapter in my 2010 MiTo. However, after resetting the network settings on my phone and deleting Blue&Me from the Bluetooth list (and then pairing it again with the car), the problem was solved! Not sure if it was the network or the Bluetooth settings that did it.

You'll get a good explanation on how to do it here:http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/1001-audio-stereo/19922-iphone-alfa-connect-i ntegration-after-upgrade-ios-11-problem-s…

Good luck!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2017 11:38 AM in response to a.dreamer

After I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 11, it has been impossible to play music (Spotify) from it. I use the Blue&Me USB Adapter in my 2010 MiTo. However, after resetting the network settings on my phone and deleting Blue&Me from the Bluetooth list (and then pairing it again with the car), the problem was solved! Not sure if it was the network or the Bluetooth settings that did it.

You'll get a good explanation on how to do it here:http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/1001-audio-stereo/19922-iphone-alfa-connect-i ntegration-after-upgrade-ios-11-problem-s…

Good luck!

Nov 13, 2017 9:18 AM in response to a.dreamer

Hi,

I think I’ve been having the same issues since upgrading to iOS 11. I’ve got a 2011 Alfa Romeo Giulietta with Blue and Me and while the Bluetooth has remained reliable, the audio streaming is unreliable. Sometime my display will get stuck saying ‘BLUE AND ME MEDIA PLAYER’ and other times it will work fine until it randomly disconnects. I almost think that the blue and me ecu reboots randomly.

Unfortunately, I think this is an issue Fiat/Alfa Romeo will need to sought out.

Bluetooth car issue after upgrading to iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.