Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to verify update?

I am trying to update, but keep getting a “Unable to verify update”. It then tells me that it can’t verify because I’m not connected to the internet. Currently connected to WiFi and tried with LTE as well.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2017 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 5:08 PM

Hello,

If you can’t reach the update server or can’t verify the update

If you try to update the iOS on your device, you might see one of these messages:

User uploaded file
"Unable to Check for Update. An error occurred checking for a software update."

User uploaded file
"Unable to Verify Update. iOS failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet."

Try updating your device again using the same network. If you still see one of these messages, try updating your device using another network or update your device with iTunes. If the issue happens again after trying to update with multiple networks, remove the update.

Learn more about iOS updates.

Here's more info:

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2017 5:08 PM in response to BuckyBigsby

Hello,

If you can’t reach the update server or can’t verify the update

If you try to update the iOS on your device, you might see one of these messages:

User uploaded file
"Unable to Check for Update. An error occurred checking for a software update."

User uploaded file
"Unable to Verify Update. iOS failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet."

Try updating your device again using the same network. If you still see one of these messages, try updating your device using another network or update your device with iTunes. If the issue happens again after trying to update with multiple networks, remove the update.

Learn more about iOS updates.

Here's more info:

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

Unable to verify update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.