Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch compatibility with iPhone 8?

Hi, I'm in the very beginning stages of looking into purchasing an Apple Watch, so excuse me if I sound a bit clueless. My question is, is the Apple Watch Series 3 with GPS compatible with the iPhone 8? I just wanted to double check as I know both of them were recently released, but I believe the iPhone 8 was released after the Series 3. Thanks in advance!

iPhone 8, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 8, 2017 11:12 AM

4 replies

Nov 8, 2017 11:17 AM in response to carlyfrompa

Yes, it is. The Apple Watch Series 3 GPS is compatible with the iPhone 5s or greater, using iOS 11. The Apple Watch Series 3 GPS+Cellular requires the iPhone 6 or above with iOS 11. You can use the Apple Watch Series 3 GPS+Cellular without a cellular plan if you wish, and it will function the same as the current Apple Watches do with the paired iPhone.

From this Apple web page. Buy Apple Watch Series 3 - Apple

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) requires an iPhone 6 or later with iOS 11 or later. Wireless service plan required for cellular service. Apple Watch and iPhone service provider must be the same. Not available with all service providers. Not all service providers support enterprise accounts; check with your employer and service provider. Some legacy plans may not be compatible. Prepaid plans are not supported. Coverage dependent on carrier network. Roaming is not available outside your carrier network coverage area. Contact your service provider for more details. Check apple.com/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility.

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) requires an iPhone 5s or later with iOS 11 or later.

Apple Watch Series 3 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that it may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, Apple Watch Series 3 should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth.

Classic Buckle, Leather Loop, Modern Buckle, Milanese Loop, Link Bracelet, and Hermès leather bands are not water resistant.

††We approximate your location from your Internet IP address by matching it to a geographic region or from the location entered during your previous visit to Apple.

Apple watch compatibility with iPhone 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.