You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd Gen iPod Touch - Connect to iTunes

I just found my old iPod touch (A1318). I charged it up and turned it on, but it says "iPod Disabled - Connect to iTunes". When I plug it into my computer (Windows), the driver software downloads, My Computer reads the device, but it doesn't show up in iTunes. I'm assuming that it's because the software on the iPod is so old, but is there anyway to unlock it without erasing all the data?

iPod touch

Posted on Nov 8, 2017 3:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2017 5:06 PM

Hi KathrynLK,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're trying to use iTunes with your 3rd Gen iPod Touch, but iTunes isn't recognizing the device. I know it's important to access your devices using iTunes and I'd like to help. I'd suggest working through the steps here that you haven't tried yet under the section titled "If you use a Windows PC": If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2017 5:06 PM in response to KathrynLK

Hi KathrynLK,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're trying to use iTunes with your 3rd Gen iPod Touch, but iTunes isn't recognizing the device. I know it's important to access your devices using iTunes and I'd like to help. I'd suggest working through the steps here that you haven't tried yet under the section titled "If you use a Windows PC": If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

3rd Gen iPod Touch - Connect to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.