Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone IOS 11.1 won't allow me to turn on calls on other devices.

I have an iPhone 6s with IOS 11.1 installed. Now I cannot turn on "calls from other devices." I get this screen.User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

I can confidently say that I am signed into iCloud with only one AppleID, and that I have only ever used one AppleID. I called Apple Care and asked them why IOS 11.1 had taken away my ability to receive calls on my other devices. They told me to sign out of iCloud, but not to delete the info from my iPhone. The iPhone won't allow me to sign out of iCloud without informing me that doing so will delete all my info from the iPhone. It's easier for me to answer calls on my other devices sometimes. I want this option back. IOS 11.1 took it away. Shame on you Apple.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Nov 8, 2017 3:18 PM

5 replies

Nov 8, 2017 4:00 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Since this began, I have already Reset Network Settings. I assume that Step 2 would be reset all settings. Step 3 would be restore from a back up. Step 4 would be restore as new. It has previously been my experience that all those steps do is cause me a lot of work, and they have never resolved any problems I have had with an update. Apple has replaced my iPhone 7 times because of problems associated with updates and volume issues. Are these just cautionary troubleshooting steps, and not known solutions to the problem I have described?

Nov 8, 2017 5:14 PM in response to RebekkahRoseRyan

Troubleshooting is an often tedious process. Unless you know the cause of the problem, you have to rule things out, one at a time No, I don't know that any of that will solve the problem. But, unless you're willing to try some of these steps, we won't know.

I think you should do what Apple told you to do and sign out of iCloud on all the devices and sign back in. However, as you're unwilling to do that, at least consider signing out fo iMessage and FaceTime on everything and then signing back in. Make sure that you have WiFi and BT enabled. Then try again to set up call fowarding.

Best of luck.

iPhone IOS 11.1 won't allow me to turn on calls on other devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.