Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New selfie scenes dont move around

Using the new update to the Clips app on my iPhone X. Selected “scenes” and chosen one. I can see something animating in the background, such as birds flying past, but the scene doesn’t rotate in 360 degrees like I’ve seen it do in videos. What’s going on? Do I need to switch something on or something? Tried deleting and reinstalling the app to no avail. #dissapointed

Posted on Nov 9, 2017 1:39 PM

11 replies

Nov 9, 2017 4:59 PM in response to judyfreeze

Well that made Clips show up in Location Services. I allowed it and no change, even after restarting the app. Tried disabling and reenabling Location Services and still no change.

Interesting though that going into Selfie Scenes didn’t trigger the prompt to enable Location Services...

I’ve been onto support and they’ve run diagnostics on my phone so it seems it’s not a hardware issue. Other AR apps seems to work smoothly too. So it’s looking to me like a bug in Clips. Seems like quite an omission though, and it’s a bit disappointing when it was touted as one of the features of the iPhone X.

Nov 10, 2017 10:03 AM in response to nathanchia

Compass Calibration worked for me, temporarily. Turned it on, reinstalled app and it worked.

I was curious to see if I needed it on all the time or just the first time, so disabled it and then it stopped working.

And now, even after enabling Compass Calibration again, I can’t get it to work again! Not even reinstalling like the first time worked for me this time.

New selfie scenes dont move around

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.