Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a carrier unlocked iPhone X in Sri Lanka?

Hello,

I was thinking of buying an iPhone X. So I asked my friend in USA to check one for me. But Apple Online Support has told her that even if I buy an Unlocked iPhone X from USA, I cannot use it here in Sri Lanka. Well, I cannot think why.. So I wanna know the truth about this. Even if I really cannot use it, will there be a version in the future which can be used here? Aby help is appreciated.

PS. I cannot chat with Apple Online Support as they currently do not offer chatting facility to Sri Lanka.

Thanks

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 1:06 AM

3 replies

Nov 10, 2017 1:34 AM in response to Haddaboiis

You can't purchase an unlocked iPhone x in the US at the moment. They tend not to produce unlocked phones at launches and you will have to wait at least a few months before initial demand is fulfilled before you can purchase an unlocked phone.

It should work in Sri Lanka if it is unlocked, but there will be no warranty on the phone if you purchase it in the US. iPhone warrant is not international.

There are different models so you would need to be careful.

As there are no unlocked models available at present, you will have to wait.

Can I use a carrier unlocked iPhone X in Sri Lanka?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.