Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 photos not syncing to Ipad

Have an Ipad air 2, since installing iOS 11 unable to fully sync Photos from PC to Ipad. Always about 3000 photos short! It appears to be trying to reload all the photos rather than just add the latest taken! I'm up to 11.1.1 but still the same problem. Due to my problem, the wife refuses to install iOS 11, thus no problems with syncing same photos.

Is Apple doing anything?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 3:37 PM

Seems I am trying to sync as well, I do have a lot of photos, but never had a problem before. My ipad air's battery stopped taking a charge,, so I had to buy another ipad for 100 dollars. Trying to get it to update photos and music. I get a message saying my ipad cannot be synced. An internal Device error occured. I called Apple 5 times, about 6 hours on phone, they can't solve it . Great work Apple. Am told they are working on it but for 1000 bucks, they need to work faster.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2017 3:37 PM in response to pjprice

Seems I am trying to sync as well, I do have a lot of photos, but never had a problem before. My ipad air's battery stopped taking a charge,, so I had to buy another ipad for 100 dollars. Trying to get it to update photos and music. I get a message saying my ipad cannot be synced. An internal Device error occured. I called Apple 5 times, about 6 hours on phone, they can't solve it . Great work Apple. Am told they are working on it but for 1000 bucks, they need to work faster.

Jan 28, 2018 11:44 AM in response to pjprice

Ever since I went from IOS 10 to IOS 11, I have not been able to upload to the ipad. I mad Apple aware of this issue back in October 2017 and received word yesterday still no fix on this problem. I have an iPad mini 3 with 128GB storage; typically i have over 10,000 images ( I am a photographer). Since I have upgraded, I have been only able to install about 100 pics.

I have researched other Apps most of them have bigger issues as well. It would be great if Apple didnt try to make all iPads obsolete.

Recommend you make yourself heard. I am telling all my photographer friends about this problem and hopefully Apple will possibly dedicate and engineer or two to fix this problem.

Feb 17, 2018 9:18 AM in response to Mic.Wiederkehr

No. I did read an article in the business/tech section of a newspaper. Apple in its next version of IOS, will be addressing fixes rather than new features. My last discussion with the Apple engineers 3 days ago. Confirmed no eta on a resolution. The only method that does work for me is iOS which my daughters iPad she never upgraded. So in the interim, using hers. Apple engineers/management refuse to roll back to iOS 10. Not sure why since on a MAC computer, it’s can go back to a prior OS and it’s done at the Genius Bar. Too odd for me that a large corporation will not acknowledge a problem or offer a rollback

Feb 18, 2018 7:39 AM in response to Mic.Wiederkehr

I got a different answer to the almost 8 different people I spoke to. One guy told me that Apple was aware of the problem, and was working on it. He never called me back. I finally got a second Sr. Consultant, and he determined it was a software problem. My problem started with my iPad's battery not keeping a charge. That iPad was working perfectly and I was able to sync, and add photos without a hitch. When I took that iPad to the Apple store with the battery problem, they "sold" me a $99.00 replacement iPad. That's where the problems started with not been able to sync, and getting error messages, saying internal device error occurred. That was November of 2017. After countless phone calls and no one able to help, I finally got someone who said they would replace my iPad without a charge. I went to the store to pick it up, and guess what? They didn't have it in stock. So I am waiting and hopefully will pick it up this week. Then I am hoping that I can sync all of my photos and music. Time will tell.

Feb 18, 2018 8:40 AM in response to celestefromfanwood

Unfortunately replacing the battery and /or iPad will not fix the problem. Apple engineers (2 of them) acknowledge is a software problem including the battery not charging. If you hook up the iPad to a wall, instead of your computer- check to see if it charges. There are many photographers like myself who upgraded to iOS 11 with different models of iPads who are not able to upload all pics. One friend had all 3 sizes of iPads and same result. I am Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave right now. If he were alive today, this would have been resolved ASAP.

Feb 26, 2018 4:00 PM in response to celestefromfanwood

My rep did call me. I will say he was kind, tried to help, but it is beyond what he can do. I was told the engineers are working on this, but they are not working fast enough. Again my Rep was great. He was sick, so that is whey he didn't respond within a day. So I am ok with that, but Apple Engineers, get your rear in gear and fix this problem.

iOS 11 photos not syncing to Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.