Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra LCD becoming 24-bit instead of 32-bit

After installation of Mac os High Sierra 10.13.1 on MacBook 13" 2011, internal LCD becoming 24-bit color instead of 32-bit.

Same situation for external Samsung SyncMaster Display.

How to resolve this bug?

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), 13" 2011

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 2:25 PM

2 replies

Nov 14, 2017 1:51 PM in response to PeterMacbook

Hello PeterMacbook,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are having an issue with your MacBook Pro where it is displaying 24-bit color instead of 32-bit color. I have a couple of suggestions for you to try.

First, let's have you reset the NVRAM and SMC on your computer. The following two support articles will provide you necessary information to do these resets:

How to reset NVRAM on your Mac

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac​

If these resets do no resolve the issue, I would like you to restart your computer in safe mode and test the issue. This support article will walk you through that test:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If you still have issues after this, post back to us and we can go from there to resolving the issue.

Best regards.

Jan 10, 2018 1:01 PM in response to i_rina

Hello.
Same problem here: just updated from Yosemite to High Sierra on a MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014) and discovered that display color is now 24-bit instead of 32-bit. Not sure this is the cause but certainly the image quality is worse now than with Yosemite: colors are kind of washed out and lines not as crisp as before. The latter is especially true for text and reading is tiresome for the eyes.
I've tried the three suggestions above but had no luck. Hope you can help.
Best regards.

High Sierra LCD becoming 24-bit instead of 32-bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.