Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My apple ID keeps asking me for billing information when i try update or download an app and every time i put my card details in it says payment method declined but the app is free so why is it trying to charge me ?

Apple Id

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 10, 2017 5:11 PM in response to yogirlzi In response to yogirlzi

It is not trying to charge you. Your Apple ID requires a valid payment method, first to determine that you are who you say your are, and that you are allowed to get the content you are trying to access. If the payment method is declined, you need to follow up with that with your bank, and if necessary, with iTunes support. See this support document about payment methods declined, and the second one for contacting iTunes support.

If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store - Apple Sup…

iTunes Store - Contact Us - Apple Support

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 10, 2017 5:11 PM in response to yogirlzi In response to yogirlzi

It is not trying to charge you. Your Apple ID requires a valid payment method, first to determine that you are who you say your are, and that you are allowed to get the content you are trying to access. If the payment method is declined, you need to follow up with that with your bank, and if necessary, with iTunes support. See this support document about payment methods declined, and the second one for contacting iTunes support.

If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store - Apple Sup…

iTunes Store - Contact Us - Apple Support

Nov 10, 2017 5:11 PM

Reply Helpful (5)
User profile for user: yogirlzi

Question: My apple ID keeps asking me for billing information when i try update or download an app and every time i put my card details in it says payment method declined but the app is free so why is it trying to charge me ?