Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display goes off when opening lid past certain degree.

Here are some my computer specs:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

(512GB)

Basically, as in the title, my macbook has been experiencing black-screen and it really ****** me off.

Whenever I open my lid, if it's under around 60~70 degrees, it will display as normal. Once it opens past a certain angle, the display goes black (Well not completely black. Its more like the brightness settings have been turned to the lowest when you can't read anything but you see a very dim light). However, the computer is still running. It continues to be black even if I tilt it backwards, and the only way to get it work again is to sleep the mac and wake it up (less than that degree).

I tried the two reset tricks, but it seems to not make any difference.

When I open the computer screen close to that black-screen angle, the bottom of my screen will start to look like this:User uploaded file

I think this might be caused by some kind of cable that's loose between the display and main. If it is, would you please show me what does the cable look like and where it is located?

I sent my computer to a local tech store, they charged me $250 for some replacing but didn't fix it : ( . Hoping to get some help from this forum.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 7:16 PM

There are no replies.

Display goes off when opening lid past certain degree.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.