Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I watch iTunes while using a second monitor?

Hello everyone,

I'm the type of person to like to do multiple things at once - I find doing one thing at a time can get tedious.

So I set out to figure out a way to watch my iTunes content on my big screen and my web browsing on my second monitor... To my dissatisfaction, this doesn't work exactly how I'd like it to.

As you can see in the screenshot - as an example, I have Deadpool playing on my big screen and I have Google and several other tabs open in Chrome. What I'd like to see is iTunes operating in full-screen mode or in "windowed" full-screen mode while I'm browsing the web. The issue is I can click to go "full screen" but it does not stay full screen, within a few seconds the frame automatically switches so that it "fits" the width and height of the movie itself. This is bearable but not by any means... Ideal.

User uploaded file

MSI Custom Desktop-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 9:05 PM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2017 10:37 AM in response to Vinyl_Is_King

To help others with this same issue or similar issue; I tweaked some QuickTime settings and found the solution to my problem (and even an on-going issue I had not mentioned).

To enable iTunes to play full screen while windowed, I changed all of the movie sizes to Fill Screen.User uploaded file

I've also been having issues with audio syncing with my movies, so I went into QuickTime's preferences for Audio and put the Audio Output Device Latency (msec) to 30.0000 and it was previously 33.0000, in the future I might even go for 28-29,0000 because even 30,0000 seems a bit askew.

User uploaded file

Lastly, I've been wanting to give iTunes more breathing room for streaming bandwidth and... to my surprise QuickTime even has settings for this. So I switched the Streaming Speed from Auto to 1.5Mbps which to stream a movie should be more than adequate.

User uploaded file

How can I watch iTunes while using a second monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.