Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

newest bug fixing update did not fix the failure to launch issue on iphone 6

Still fails to launch after bug fixing update (11/9)

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 7:37 PM

7 replies

Nov 11, 2017 10:07 AM in response to Smiffle27

Smiffle27 wrote:

GarageBand. And no I haven’t tried completely restoring the phone from a back up. Everything but GarageBand functions fine. They updated the app and now it doesn’t work on older models of phones. Also IOS 11 slowed down older models and put in a large amount of glitches.

Okay, so it seems that you need to address a problem with GarageBand. At least you are finally identifying the problem. The troubleshooting steps that I provided are what you need to try to address the problem, or you can follow the steps here, If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

I have an iPhone 7 and was able to open GarageBand. Have you tried deleting the app from the Phone and then adding it back again? You are going to need to also check in the App Store to see if you have the latest version. Seems to be something with your device you need to troubleshoot.

Nov 11, 2017 7:00 AM in response to Smiffle27

Smiffle27 wrote:

The actual app does not launch. It begins to open and then force crashes every time. The only exception is when you reboot your phone every time before opening. But that only works about 25% of the time.

What "actual app"? What troubleshooting have you tried? Did you restore your phone from a backup? If so, restore the device to factory, set it up as a new phone and test it without any additional content.

Nov 13, 2017 10:21 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I haven’t tried redownloading it because of all the items I have on there. Plus it is a large app that will take a long time to download again. I don’t trust the back ups for stuff like that because I have seen people who did that and lost everything they had created on there. But the app is up to date, that’s the problem. GarageBand worked perfectly until they updated it.

Nov 13, 2017 10:56 AM in response to Smiffle27

Well, I'm sorry, but it appears that something did not go right with your update of GarageBand. Unfortunately, you have chosen not to troubleshoot the problem, so you are going to have to live with it not working. If you change your mind, you can contact Apple support for assistance. Use the Contact Support link at the top right of the pages here.

newest bug fixing update did not fix the failure to launch issue on iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.