Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: If I buy AT&T iPhone X from U.S. can I use it in any GSM network worldwide ? I mean can I use it in India or Bangladesh

Can I use AT&T’s IPhone X in India or Bangladesh GSM network with local SIM. R these SiM free

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 10, 2017 8:09 PM in response to yamabud In response to yamabud

Only if AT&T will unlock your device, and if you can find a provider that supports your iPhone. If you buy an iPhone in the US, then the warranty will not be honored outside of the US. You would much better off buying the phone in the country where you plan to be.

Nov 10, 2017 8:09 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 2:06 AM in response to Kappy In response to Kappy

I wish we were getting paid to answer questions like this. If we both got a dollar for every question like this, both of us would be rich. But why would they want to do this? A quick search through the forums would indicate a multitude of problems with this approach. Users buy a phone in the States, take it back to their country and then wonder why it won't work. Guess some people don't want to do that.

In addition, if they get it from a provider in the States, typically they want an account with them. And that account in some cases must be in good standing.

Then there's the Warranty Issues. People don't think of that.

Nov 11, 2017 2:06 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 9:48 AM in response to Driver8666 In response to Driver8666

Yes, it is a wonder to me, as well. They usually know what to do with their car and TV but not their computer. It is a magic box.

They come to the ASC but never read the Apple Support Communities - Terms of Use which clearly suggests searching first.

Nov 11, 2017 9:48 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: yamabud

Question: If I buy AT&T iPhone X from U.S. can I use it in any GSM network worldwide ? I mean can I use it in India or Bangladesh