Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no service at my home

iPhone 7 purchased from xfinity mobile has been an utter nightmare no service at my home once I reach my driveway nothing until I get inside then it’s barely I can hear other but I sound garbled and distorted paid over $500 for a phone that it obvious was a lemon unknowingly my I iphone 4 was working just fine before I got this phone I have had 2 iphone replacements and 4 SIM cards and still the same crazy problem jeopardizing my business interest and personal safety. I have tried everything here but calling Apple which is my next move but if there is an answer out there please share!

Frustrated in Fort Washington MD

<Re-Titled by Host>

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 8:11 PM

13 replies

Nov 10, 2017 8:14 PM in response to Tsheler

I don't know who provides the cellular service for Xfinity mobile, but problems with reception are a carrier issue. While there is a possibility there is an issue with the handset itself, that generally is not the case. However, if you are not receiving satisfaction with Xfinity, you may want to make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple store for them to check the hardware for any issues.

Nov 10, 2017 8:58 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Sounds easy doesn’t it? Because it is on the next plan they will only replace it while I wait with a service phone because they say att used up my next eligibility I say Apple used it up buy delivering a defective product and expecting a consumer to take a service phone as a replacement for a $1000 phone that was defective when upon delivery. Is that fair?

Nov 10, 2017 9:05 PM in response to Theoles

So you are saying that Apple will not accept the return within the 14 day period?I suggest you speak to the manager. While defective products do occur, the phone return policy says you can return the device within 14 days. However, this early in the process of releases, a service phone is going to be a brand new phone as well. I suppose you realize that. There is not been any time to return a phone to the factory and have it refurbished and sent back.

Nov 10, 2017 9:15 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

They will take the phone back however they will not provide me with a new phone with box serial number etc that I paid for they want to give me what they call a service phone. If you went paid for a new car and delivered you a used one would that be fair? They are blaming att saying they will not provide them with a new next plan. Well the Apple store used it on the x they sold me yesterday so they are putting the ohniss on me. Sometimes you have to do the correct thing for customer service and they are not. While everyone is pleasant O as well they are ineffective Thanks for your reply

Nov 10, 2017 9:24 PM in response to Theoles

I'm sorry, but as I said, they are not giving you a used phone. A refurbished phone isn't even used, it is completely refurbished as new. But, as I said, there hasn't been time to get a refurbished phone, they are giving you a new one. As far as the Next Plan, that is AT&T's thing, and the return of the phone should result in AT&T resetting your Next program, the problem is they have to wait on AT&T to do that. It takes a little time and Apple is not in control of that. Apple didn't use your Next program, you did, and asked Apple to use it. Your expectation for them to replace your phone with a new retail box phone is not how things are done. I'm sorry, but you are making the wrong decision by not taking the service phone. It is brand new. It is off the same assembly line, just packaged in a different box for service. They have to have so many service devices available on release day. What do you think they are doing, offering you a phone that someone returned?

Nov 10, 2017 9:38 PM in response to Theoles

Send it back to the factory to be refurbished. The means removing all the parts, fixing any problems, and replacing anything that requires replacing. Then it would eventually be sent out as a service device. As I said, there is no way to have any that could have been returned, refurbished and returned to stores at this time. The service units are free. Giving you a service unit means you get to leave the store with a new phone. Since they cannot give you a new retail device because of stock limitations, I suspect you would rather have a phone than go home empty handed, correct? Why do you expect to be burned? I'm guessing that Apple then has mistreated you in the past, so why did you go back to Apple? Or am I wrong on that thought? How you proceed it up to you. The service unit has the balance of your1 year warranty so you are covered. You are not being burned. I've received service devices in the past, and they are just as good as new ones, and mine were late in my usage, so I know it has to have been a refurbished one. You cannot tell the difference, and it lasted until I replaced it. My wife is using my 5s, which was replaced, and it is still going strong. I'm afraid you are over thinking this and complicating something simple.

Nov 10, 2017 10:04 PM in response to Tsheler

Thank you for your reply however the carrier thinks that since it has replaced the phone and changed the SIM card 4 times the problem is hardware...therefore the buck is being passed infinity spent the last thirty days fixing the problem until now I learned since I did not return the 2nd phone with the 1st 30day window I am stuck working my phone issues our with Apple!? So I will spend even more of my time working with Apple and taking your advice to visit an Apple store which doesn’t sound too promising at this point considering the previous thread with Theos and your responds indicating that my problem is with the. Carrier but I will exhaust my effotts and pray I get results

Nov 11, 2017 6:56 AM in response to Tsheler

If your device is still under warranty and it is determined to be a hardware issue, then you can expect Apple to handle it, yes. Apple handles warranty issues. You will have to explain the issues that you experienced with the device and with the carrier. While signal issues are generally a carrier issue, it may be hardware. Many times, issues with the MVNO networks are difficult to troubleshoot, given the choice of devices, and which one of the major carrier's networks they are using. That is why I steer clear of them.

no service at my home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.