Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification Sound On iPhone & Haptic on Apple Watch

I'd like to have my Apple Watch Series 3 only vibrate for notifications and have the notification sounds come from my iPhone.

I have set this up somewhat by muting my Apple Watch and disabling the Wrist Detection from the watch. This allows for the watch to vibrate for notifications, but the phone alerts me with a sound. The issue is that turning off Wrist Detection disables other aspects of the watch such as Apple Pay and computer unlock.

I'm updating from a Pebble Time Steel, and I liked that functionality because my phone has a better speaker and I can have customized notification sounds. The Apple Watch doesn't seem to let me do that without disabling other aspects of the watch. Is there a setting that I might be missing that would enable this sort of functionality?

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 8:15 PM

Hi

No, it is not possible to have notification alerts delivered on both devices without disabling Wrist Detection.

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

1 reply

Notification Sound On iPhone & Haptic on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.