Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there another way for me to access my photos protected by an old passcode if I have the Apple ID and passcode?

I unfortunately had to reset my phone because I got locked out. This happened because about a week ago I attempted to change my passcode but my phone prompted me to enter my Apple ID password which at the time I did not know. SO, thinking that my phone had NOT saved this passcode, I did not write it down or think to remember it.

Now, after having reset my phone, losing all contacts, photos, text threads, apps... sigh. I was able to recover my old Apple ID and password and was very excited to recover all of the aforementioned items - BUT, IT WANTS THE OLD PASSCODE BEFORE IT LETS ME ACCESS ANY OF IT. Even though I’m signed in. This has been such a nightmare. Am I able to verify this phone as a trusted device/my identity without having to put in that mysterious old passcode associated with that iCloud?

Thanks for reading.

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 8:31 PM

2 replies

Is there another way for me to access my photos protected by an old passcode if I have the Apple ID and passcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.