Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No text alert sounds on lock screen

I have the iPhone x and do not receive text alert sounds or banners when the screen is locked. Research I found if you turn the Bluetooth off, you will receive the notifications and banners. I tried, and yes, with the Bluetooth turned off, I started receiving the banners and sounds when getting texts. I do not want to keep my Bluetooth off as I have an Apple Watch also which connects via bluetooth. I also connect to my car via Bluetooth and my head phones.

How do I make my phone send alerts and sounds when the screen is locked

iPhone X, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 6:10 AM

It sounds to me that you are connected to your Apple Watch via Bluetooth. In that scenario, if you are wearing your watch and have Wrist Detection active, you will not receive notifications on the phone, they will be received on the watch. This is normal behavior. I suggest you read through this support document on how Notifications behave when using your Apple Watch. Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2017 6:10 AM in response to Stylinii

It sounds to me that you are connected to your Apple Watch via Bluetooth. In that scenario, if you are wearing your watch and have Wrist Detection active, you will not receive notifications on the phone, they will be received on the watch. This is normal behavior. I suggest you read through this support document on how Notifications behave when using your Apple Watch. Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

No text alert sounds on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.