Question: Reset not working on AirPort Time Capsule
I want to change my WiFi network name, but can't get into AirPort Utility to do that as i have forgotten my password.
So, i have followed these instructions below, which will apparently give me 5 minutes to access TimeCapsule without needing a password, but my reset button doesnt seem to be working.
When i "Press and hold the reset button for 1 second, then release the button" the status light on my base station does NOT flash amber, stays green. Tried holding it longer than 1 second - still no change.
Would love some advice - thanks in advance.
- Make sure that the base station is connected to power.
- Press and hold the reset button for 1 second, then release the button. The status light on the base station flashes amber.
- From the Wi-Fi status menu in the menu bar, choose the Wi-Fi network created by your base station.
- Open AirPort Utility, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
- Click the icon for your base station in AirPort Utility, then click Edit from the pop-up menu. You can now change the password or reconfigure the base station as needed. When done, click Update.
MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.3), null