Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini 2 white lines on screen

My iPad was given to me last summer of 2014. Today, its been 3 years and still alive. No dents, or even a crack. But then last month when I woke up, the screen of my iPad just had some vertical white lines all over the screen! I don't know what to do. It just doesn't go away. When I use it in full brightness then make the iPad so hot, I lock it and open it up and the white lines are gone but when the iPad cools down and I would put down the brightness, the white lines would flash back again. What do I do now? Is it an LCD issue? I just recently bought a replacement LCD from iFixit and its on its way. I wish that would solve the problem.

I dont think the backlight is the problem. My mini isnt dark or has some dark areas on the screen. My screen also does burn in whenever I watch a steady image. So I think the lcd really is the problem right?

Did I make the right choice? Any suggestions? A reply would definitely help me a lot.

Thanks

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 4:51 AM

Hi

Yes it,s the LCD

Go to Support.apple.com for advice.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

4 replies

iPad Mini 2 white lines on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.