Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I print in portrait from pages now I have updated to High Sierra

Since upgrading to High Sierra and the latest Pages update whenever I try to print I am forced into landscape. The setting are all set to portrait in both Pages and the printer.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, IOS 10.13.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 2:27 AM

10 replies

Nov 11, 2017 3:11 PM in response to tonyfrombury

What exactly happens when you try to change the orientation in the Print dialog?

The alternative orientation is not visible? It is greyed out? You click on it but it doesn't change?

You are aware that portrait and landscape are only orientations to the print feed direction, not actually tall/wide?

Have you tried changing the Binding Margin?

Peter

Nov 12, 2017 7:44 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

The option to change the orientation in the print dialogue does not exist. I am. The problem is that Pages only wants to print in landscape. it does not seem to recognise portrait as and option when printing. I can select portrait or landscape from the document bar of the right which changes the screen and alters the document as you would expect. I created the document in portrait so it looks correct. Only when I try to print does it revert to landscape in the print dialogue. There is no binding margin to change. Thanks

Why can't I print in portrait from pages now I have updated to High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.