Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch battery swollen

Hello! I bought Apple Watch Sport in December 2015 in Miami and now my battery is swollen. I read about extended warranty on this case. I will be in LA in December, how can I replace my watch? May I do this in special service center or in Apple store?

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 2:38 AM

Hi

I'm afraid that no-one here can ell you what Apple will decide in your specific case. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

Apple advises that you should not continue using a damaged Apple Watch.

If the issue is not covered under warranty or any other Apple policy (be sure to ask, with specific reference to the battery), then your Apple Watch may be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service - or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased.

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2017 2:38 AM in response to CarinaBuylenko

Hi

I'm afraid that no-one here can ell you what Apple will decide in your specific case. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

Apple advises that you should not continue using a damaged Apple Watch.

If the issue is not covered under warranty or any other Apple policy (be sure to ask, with specific reference to the battery), then your Apple Watch may be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service - or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased.

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options:

Apple Watch battery swollen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.