Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone backup

Can i backup my phone (5C) on iTunes? my iTunes version is 12.7.1

i want sync it to 5S

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 2:49 AM

1 reply

Nov 11, 2017 4:27 PM in response to jennlong89

Hi jennlong89,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you'd like to know if you can use iTunes to create a backup for your iPhone 5C so you can then restore the backup to an iPhone 5s. I know it's important to be able to back up your information so you can restore it to a new device and I can help. Follow the steps below to you

How to back up with iTunes

1. Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer.
  2. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. If you forgot your passcode, get help.
  3. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes. If your device doesn't appear in iTunes, learn what to do.
  4. If you want to save Health and Activity data from your iOS device or Apple Watch, you need to encrypt your backup: Select the box called Encrypt [device] backup and create a memorable password. If you don't need to save your Health and Activity data, you can make a backup that isn't encrypted. Just click Back Up Now.

Write down your password and store it somewhere safe, because there's no way to recover your iTunes backups without this password.
    User uploaded file
  5. When the process ends, you can see if the backup finished successfully on the Summary screen in iTunes. Just look under Latest Backup to find the date and time.
    User uploaded file
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

After the back up has completed, use this guide to restore the backup to your other iPhone: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Best Regards.

iphone backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.