Related Article

Family Sharing

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Have family sharing and I am the organizer but my daighter cannot access the new Taylor swift albilm but I can. Tried all the tips. Norhing works

Have Iphone 6 plue and daighter has 5SE. Have apple music sharing plan. Purchase Taylor Swift album Reputation via pre order on my device. I can listen to it on my phone. She cannot open it or download it on her even with family share. Tried all tips for checking settings etc. are there any restrictions for this album for family sharing? Thank you

iPhone SE

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 11, 2017 4:58 PM in response to 2bresilient In response to 2bresilient

Hi 2bresilient,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you have Family Sharing set up, but your daughter is unable to see or download the Taylor Swift album that you purchased and were able to download on your iPhone. I know how important it is to be able to share your purchases and I'd like to help. I'd recommend following these steps first:

On your iPhone or iPod touch

1. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Open the store app that you want to download content from, then go to the Purchased page:
    • iTunes Store: On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap More > Purchased.
    • iBooks: Tap Purchased.
    • App Store: Tap Updates > Purchased.
  3. Tap the family member's name to see their content. Learn what to do if you don’t see any content or can't tap your family member.
  4. To download an item, tap User uploaded file next to it.
Share iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases with Family Sharing

You mentioned checking certain settings, but to be sure review these steps including signing out of the iTunes & App Store if necessary. Please keep in mind that signing out of the iTunes & App Store may require that you re-download previously purchased content:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Family.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Confirm or change the Apple ID that you want to use to share content.
  4. Go back to Family Sharing and make sure that Purchase Sharing and/or Apple Music is on.
  5. Tap Purchase Sharing and make sure that Share My Purchases is turned on.

Review the Apple ID you're using in the iTunes Store

Make sure that you're signed in to the iTunes Store with the same Apple ID that you selected for sharing content with your family.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap iTunes & App Stores.
  3. Make sure that you're using the same Apple ID in the iTunes Store as you are in Family Sharing.

If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and review your Apple ID.

Sign out of the iTunes & App Store

If you still can't see or download your family's shared content or use Apple Music, sign out of the iTunes & App Store, then sign back in.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. If you’re using iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name], then tap Sign Out. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps.
  3. Enter your Apple ID password, then select Sign In.
If you don‘t see your family‘s shared content

Best Regards.

Nov 11, 2017 4:58 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: 2bresilient

Question: Have family sharing and I am the organizer but my daighter cannot access the new Taylor swift albilm but I can. Tried all the tips. Norhing works