Related Article

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How do I transfer the phone telephone number from a iPhone 6s to a iPhone 7

I want to move my phone ID and telephone number from a 6s to 7 plus. Is the SIM card compatible?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1, None

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

The phone number is saved on the SIM card that you are assigned. So all you have to do is pop the SIM card out of your old phone and put it in your new one. I didn't have to register my number. I popped in my SIM Card and off I went.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Nov 11, 2017 5:25 AM in response to madra31 In response to madra31

The phone number is saved on the SIM card that you are assigned. So all you have to do is pop the SIM card out of your old phone and put it in your new one. I didn't have to register my number. I popped in my SIM Card and off I went.

Nov 11, 2017 5:25 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 10:00 AM in response to RicheyRich00755 In response to RicheyRich00755

Hi

Yes just use the same simcard.

On iPhone 6s go to iCloud back up now over your wifi

Then set up iPhone 7 over your wifi when it asks if you want to use iCloud backup Say yes to get your apps and data on new iPhone.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

Nov 12, 2017 10:00 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 22, 2017 12:05 PM in response to rosalindfromlondon In response to rosalindfromlondon

rosalindfromlondon wrote:

so how do you do this if you have moved your sim from iphone 6S to iphone 7?

There's nothing else to do at that point.

Transferring the sim card will transfer the number to the new device. It should just start working directly.

If its not, tell us what is happening. did you receive an error when transferring the sim card?

Nov 22, 2017 12:05 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 23, 2017 7:23 AM in response to rosalindfromlondon In response to rosalindfromlondon

Backup the old iPhone, and use that backup to set up the new iPhone with all the information from the old one.

You can follow the steps here:

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 23, 2017 7:23 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: RicheyRich00755

Question: How do I transfer the phone telephone number from a iPhone 6s to a iPhone 7