Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Related Article

If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Mail - Outbox empty, but stuck Sending Message

Yesterday, could not send messages. A few hours later, all was fine. Except, however, at the bottom of the screen, it says "Sending Message" 133kb. Outbox appears empty. Recently updated to 10.13.1 High Sierra

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Try quitting and reopening Mail.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 11, 2017 6:32 AM in response to i_am_chosenman In response to i_am_chosenman

I have a similar problem that started last night. A small email got stuck Sending Message. I deleted it from Outbox, but cannot send any email now, but am still receiving email. When I sent a test email, it got stuck Sending Message. When it is stuck, the message repeatedly flashes on and off the screen; and nothing will stop this behavior except deleting the message from the Outbox. I've tried restarting Mail and restarting computer to no avail. I am running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 on iMac. I am up to date on updates from Apple. I also cannot send email from iPad, but don't get the flashing behavior. Now I'm trying the Apple Support Community.

Nov 11, 2017 6:32 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 13, 2017 8:59 AM in response to jcaapplesupportcommunityuser In response to jcaapplesupportcommunityuser

Hello jcaapplesupportcommunityuser. I am having the same "flashing and not sending" problem (even though I am on Sierra). I am curious if could kindly give me more info about how you solved it. Are you saying that the problem is not with Mac Mail, but originates from the actual email provider (in my case, Yahoo mail)? What exactly do you mean that you went to your "email account at my ISP and re-entered my UN & PW." Do you mean within the account settings on Mac Mail, or did you do something with the original email provider? I would very much appreciate any info. Thanks kindly.

Nov 13, 2017 8:59 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 13, 2017 12:11 PM in response to hp63 In response to hp63

Hi. If I remember correctly, this is what I was directed by Apple support to do. In Mail, I went to Mail>Preferences>Accounts>AT&T>Account Information and under Incoming Mail Server entered my UN and PW and closed the Preferences window. Then, tried sending a test email to myself, and it worked. They said they were seeing this problem pretty often recently with AT&T Yahoo mail.

Nov 13, 2017 12:11 PM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: i_am_chosenman

Question: Mail - Outbox empty, but stuck Sending Message