Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there some way in which to make only certain desktop items available on a single desktop?

I'm trying to find some way to organize my various desktops more tidily. I used to just leave the various files open (usually textedit files) and have the un-zoomed version very small (this works very well with textedit especially). Then, I would switch between the various files by zooming the particular file that I was working on. I could keep upwards of forty or fifty files active on a single desktop in this way. Unfortunately, the latest version of MacOS doesn't support this organization technique, through shutdowns and restarts (the un-zoomed files get jammed against the edge of the screen after restart), with other than the default resolution of the screen. Since I have a 4k resolution screen, the text is too small for me to read, hence, I don't use default resolution. Altogether, the idea of multiple desktops is so incredibly powerful, it is very frustrating not to be able to use them to full advantage. Any way in which to deal with on the order of hundreds of files over multiple desktops and keep them all organized, handy, and easily available would be much appreciated.

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 4:30 AM

1 reply

Is there some way in which to make only certain desktop items available on a single desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.