Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote (4th gen) not working

I recently had my 4th gen Apple TV replaced (under warranty) due to lighting damage. I received the new base unit, but the remote was not replaced. I successfully paired the old remote to the new unit, but after a day or so of use, the Apple TV went into sleep mode & after that the remote did not pair with the base unit anymore. Resorted to using the Apple TV remote app.

About 3 days ago I read some reviews, unplugged my Apple TV from power, reset the old remote by using the Menu & Volume Up buttons and paired the remote up with the Apple TV again. A few hours later the Apple TV went into sleep mode again & when I tried to wake it up with the remote it was no longer paired (again)! Not sure what the cause could be, but I'm back to square one using the remote app again.

Any assistance will be gladly appreciated. My last option would be to reset the Apple TV to it's factory settings, but I don't want to do this unless it's really necessary.

Apple TV, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 4:58 AM

3 replies

Apple TV remote (4th gen) not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.