Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why I didn’t get emergency alert notifications?

I already set the settings for government alert all on. Why I still didn’t get the notifications?

My friends using same provider, same phone type, same building same floor with me does get the notifications. I also did restart/reboot my phone but still not work.

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 5:00 AM

1 reply

Nov 11, 2017 5:36 PM in response to jessfxx

Hey jessfxx!

I understand you're not receiving government alerts, despite confirming that the feature is enabled in your settings. Since the alerts themselves are pushed to our devices from your carrier, it might be a good idea to touch base with whomever provides your cellular service to make sure there isn't a restriction on their end. Another thing worth considering: while most of these sorts of alerts will be sent using cellular towers to devices within range, sometimes they're sent using the area code. If your area code differs from that of these friends, they could be sitting right next to you and receive an alert that you won't, strictly because your carrier doesn't recognize your number as one that needs to receive it. Check this out:

Government alerts vary by carrier and iPhone model, and may not work under all conditions.

About emergency and AMBER alerts on your iPhone - Apple Support

If your friends are using the same provider and iPhone model, the settings are all configured correctly, and you're sitting right next to them, the next variable to check is your account with your provider.

I hope that helps clear things up. Cheers!

why I didn’t get emergency alert notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.