Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra

Since updating to High Sierra cannot access AOL,Facebook or Amazon

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), iWeb

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 5:20 AM

4 replies

Nov 11, 2017 8:07 PM in response to Ratbag2

Here is a comprehensive list of troubleshooting steps to follow, in no particular order:

Needless to say, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products, anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do.

If you don't get anywhere, you can use the following procedure to determine if the problem is internal or external to your Mac. Causes may involve your router, your ISP, the DNS Server(s) it uses, or certain user-configurable options.

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Load macOS Recovery by holding and r (two fingers) while you start your Mac with a third finger.
  3. At the macOS Utilities screen, release those two fingers.
  4. Choose Get Help Online.
  5. Safari will launch, but it will lack your bookmarks, favorites, history and other preferences.

Determine if the problem persists while using Safari in that mode. After that, restart your Mac normally, and reply with your observations.

Nov 11, 2017 6:21 AM in response to John Galt

Hi John, thanks for your reply. All the other tabs work fine and on my iMac no problems with the update.

On my wife's MacBook Air it is only these 3 tabs that cause the problem with it saying Safari cannot access this site.

Tried going in through Safari searchs engine for these sites but it comes up with the warning that this is not a private site etc but should I go ahead and add these tabs this way as they need passwords to open the site once you are in?

Roger

High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.